Saturday, October 05, 2002

Stop Press!

Hopefully, I’m creating history by being the first blogger to blog about the first Mumbai Bloggers’ Meet. (Though that’s not the reason I left early.)

The meeting officially began at 5.30 pm at Just Around the Corner, Bandra. But Nidhi was the only punctual one. :) Others didn’t walk in until about 10 minutes later.

We changed tables twice, because we thought it would be better if we sat outside and when we settled outside, we realized it was too hot. ;-) So we went back in.

So there were nine of us- Anita, Nidhi, Mahesh, Vidya, Amrita, Veer, Anand, Ashish, and me. Not a bad number.

It was a mixed table of people, a couple of young people (me and Amrita), and the remaining, well, not-so-young people. (No offence, but from a kiddo’s point of view, almost everyone who is above 20 is not-so-young.)

Mahesh was constantly smiling, or half-smiling, just like the pic on his journal. Dunno why he was surprised to know that I was the Baby’s Day Out gal. And he chickened out from talking to my Mom when Nidhi handed him her phone.

Vidya preferred not to sit with him initially, saying she did it all the time, but after getting a snap clicked with him, she hung around. Was a pretty good excuse, huh? ;-)

It turned out that Amrita and I were in the same college earlier, and we have a lot of common friends, but I never saw her in college! Small world after all!

Nidhi was too sweet, and the self-description on her blog, matched to the T.

Anita was very warm, and has a lovely voice, and cute small-ish eyes. Easy to make out that she’s from Shillong.

Anand suddenly perked up at the mention of Stephen Hawking. (I’ll try to read the book ASAP). But he was interested in everything, and paid a good deal of attention to everyone, all at the same time. How do you do it, Anand?

Ashish was busy admiring the waiter’s tattoo, and going on and on with his jokes. Someday I’ll lose my temper with you, Ashish! ;-) BTW, I think that sip of ice tea actually made my throat better! Will attack the chocolate soon. Hope it helps even more.

Veer was handing out his visiting card and was very keen to know why everyone blogged. And another interesting question- Would they still do it if they didn’t have the time?

Much, much more must have happened after I left, and I’m dying to know more! I want to know everything!

Hope we do it again sometime.

Change Needed

Baby’s Day Out has almost completed a year. And I’ve almost completed 18 years of my life. Thought I’d make a few changes in my blog, like:

  • The title, too kiddish, some say. (Though I think it’s something like what a marketing person would call ‘brand identity’.)

  • The design. Again too kiddish.

  • Ummm…is there anything else that should be changed?


Please, please, please leave your suggestions and constructive criticism or mail me!

Exams!

Exams, or egg-jams, as some like to call them, are just round the corner (literally). Thursday’s the day, and I’m hoping and praying that it doesn’t come soon. So much work, so little time!

I won’t be very regular with my blog for the next 10 days or so. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. :P

No comments: