Saturday, June 01, 2002

Tall People make Good Lawyers!

This is the ground-breaking story I heard about yesterday. It didn't seem to have been backed up by much research, and, since the theory isn't as complicated as the Quantum Theory of Physics, I'm sure it will be easily understood by all. (Budding midget lawyers, beware!)

Here are the postulates of this ridiculous and absolutely bizarre theory: (yes, I finally spoke my mind!)


  • A tall person can make people turn. This is a necessity in a courtroom(?).
  • The more people who look at you, the stronger your case is. (Forget the cross-examination and arguing).


So I guess the corollary of this theory is: Shorties don't make good lawyers.

But what is more important in a courtroom: your height or your oratical and cross-examining skills?

I leave this open for debate.

PS-- Bah!




Tribute to Hansie

Hansie Cronje may not have been the most-loved cricketer in recent years, but he certainly was popular before being exposed. (I'll let you in on a secret- he was on of my favourites before the match-fixing scandal.)

Unlike his Indian counterparts, he confessed and divulged all details, expressing his regret. His fans forgave him for his final display of honesty.

I wonder why the others didn't follow his footsteps. Their crimes would have been forgiven, if not forgotten.

RIP, Hansie.

No comments: