Tuesday, December 18, 2001

Fire!

Our Chemistry lab makes me claustrophobic, it has no place to sit, and we perform the dumbest and silliest of experiments one could think of.

The whole atmosphere there depresses me, so, just like me, I'm always on the look-out for something exciting in the lab, just to divert my mind from the grossness of the infernal room.

But I had a marvellous diversion today-- Ethyl alcohol(C2H5OH) on fire!! For the people unaware about chemicals, Ethyl alcohol is what is better known as plain old 'alcohol'. That's what the alcoholics drink. Of course various other things are added to make it fit for consumption, of which I have no idea. Anyway, so a lamp of ehtyl alcohol caught fire in the neighbouring table, and the poor guys who were responsible for that irresponsible act of foolishness just stood there sheepishly, helpless and hyper. My immediate reaction was a girlish giggle and controlled laughter which seemed like a very wide smile.

Of course the fire was soon put out and everything was back to normal. Ah! To have more fun in a room filled with chemicals and test tubes!





Shy Guy

One very peculiar thing I've noticed about shy guys is that they either smile too much or they don't smile at all. I don't notice that with shy girls though.

I don't know a single reason that will explain this unusual behaviour. I hope someone more psychologically-inclined than me might shed some light on this matter.

No comments: