Thursday, July 18, 2002

Devdas

I finally saw the movie- almost a week after its release. That's quite a record for me, considering that it's an SRK movie.

Even though it comes a bit late, I'll still have my say, and comment on it.I loved it, and even though a bit difficult to digest, it was in every way a typical commercial venture.

I loved SRK (of course!), found Mads good, Ash Rai ditto, and the others weren't bad too. The sets, dances and costumes were marvellous.

But the music was, well, boring. (Or am I saying that because it's not my type?).

But spending Rs. 50 crore on this movie- was it worth it? After all, Mads and Ash could have done with less heavy jewellery and outfits.

Now all depends on the junta.

No More Tobacco

The Maharashtra government banned the sale and advertisement of tobacco and gutkha in the state.

That's good news for many in the state, and, of course, bad news for an equal number.

And for those addicted to it, well, you can kiss oral cancer and rotten teeth good-bye. (I know one such close person who will benefit from this ban.). And school and college kids will have one reason less to hang around at the neighbourhood paanwala. Especially the one near the school/college. Poor chaps- they might have to close business.

Hope they don't take out a morcha to protest against the ban....you never know!

PS- When's the ban on soft drinks coming? (Trust me- they're more harmful than you think).

No comments: