Tuesday, September 13, 2005

What a title!

I still haven't been able to figure out why Salaam Namaste is titled so. It's named after a fictitious radio station (I assume), but it still doesn't make any sense.

Why I'd not watch the movie again:


  • Director Siddharth Raj Anand seems to be a Karan Johar disciple, with the "special effects" introductions, the cinematography, even the costumes. I'd rather watch the guru's film.

  • Too much time was spent on introducing unnecessary people, and their background stories made me yawn. Sure, Javed Jaffrey was funny, but was that character needed at all? Of course, the movie could have been at least 45 minutes shorter then. Where are good editors when needed?

  • Sitting through the melodrama in the last half hour was painful. Watching Preity Zinta overact was even worse.

  • Question to Saif: Are you trying to be the next Salman? In terms of male "exposure", I mean. Saif, I'd say you have a great torso, but we're already bored of them, thanks to Sallu.



OK, I admit the movie was not that bad. But the story, the "turn" of events, the dialogues, were predictable. It could have been another Chalte Chalte or Saathiya, except, of course, that the couple wasn't married.

I'd rather watch Iqbal a second time.

No comments: