Thursday, October 09, 2003

Recap

I told everyone I had paratyphoid. What I didn't say was that I had two diseases simultaneously- jaundice and paratyphoid. So since August 25, I have been on a diet of liquids (coconut water, juice, glucose water etc.) and oil-free food! And I cannot eat out for at least another month...

Everyone asks me how I fell sick since I eat only at good restaurants, and not too often either. Well, it all depends on what you mean by a good restaurant. If you think Taj and Oberoi are safe places to eat, think again. They are empty during the week, so when you go there, most of the food is stale and just re-heated! It's the same for other restaurants too, but if they are always crowded, then the food is little less staler. But if you go to Santosh Sagar or some other Udipi joint, the food is absolutely fresh!

I am still quite weak, so my vacations will be quiet. Learnt a couple of good lessons in the past couple of months. Health is wealth, after all!

No comments: